Types of Information Gathered
The information we learn from customers helps personalize and continually improve your shopping experience. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us. You provide information when you search, watch, buy, post, participate in a contest, subscribe to JointCharge email, make a suggestion to JointCharge, or communicate with customer service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such personally identifiable information as your name, address, and phone number(s); email address(es); credit card information; and content of your comments about or opinions of our products. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, processing your order, selecting new products and services and serving you relevant advertising. JointCharge will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it.
- Automatic Information. Like many websites, we use "cookies." We obtain certain types of anonymous information which is not personally identifiable when your web browser accesses JointCharge or third party content (such as our Widget) served by or on behalf of JointCharge on other websites. Some of the information we collect and analyze includes the Internet protocol (IP) address; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and connection speed; purchase history; and the products you searched for, viewed, and possibly purchased.
- Email Communications. To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from JointCharge and the products and/or links on which you click if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources. We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For example, we receive updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser for such purposes as to remember the items in your Shopping Cart between visits. The information collected from cookies may also be used to improve the functionality of the Website.
Pixel Tags and Tracking Technology
When you visit this Website or view one of our emails, we may use pixel tags (also called "clear" gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our Website and personalize your experience. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your personally identifiable information.
How We Share Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Suppliers. When you place an order with JointCharge, we will either fulfill the order directly from JointCharge, or it will be fulfilled by our shipping supplier. We send the supplier the order information including item(s) purchased, delivery address, billing address, and gifting information if part of the order. The order information we send to the supplier does not include your email address. From time to time, we may contact you on behalf of the supplier for customer service reasons such as to coordinating delivery times or if an item is out of stock. We will not provide your email address to any supplier without receiving your prior consent.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, email list management, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personally identifiable information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Anonymous Information. JointCharge uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve the Website. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about the Website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
- Email Address. The email address that you supply to us for purposes of receiving our email communications will never be rented or sold to a third party.
Protecting Your Information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. If transactions are processed on the Website, transaction information is transmitted to and from the Website in encrypted form using industry-standard SSL connections to help protect such information from interception. Using this encryption, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing but reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. We restrict authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information.
JointCharge follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once JointCharge receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while JointCharge strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email JointCharge at [email protected]
Suppliers and Other Third Parties